× Here you can get community support related to Auto Group.

unassigning a group

• IceMaehn
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #2372 by IceMaehn
unassigning a group was created by IceMaehn
Hello,

i got the plugin working fine for me J3.2x / AG 1.12 using it to subscribe a user into the special group (my_new_group1). but the user is always registered in the standard group (joomla default->registered) too - and i don't want that. the user should be registered just in one group -> (my_new_group1). how can i solve that. is it possible to use AG to unassign a user from a group? -> i tried that using "false" or "unassign" bit that did not work. maybe i use the wrong syntax.

Thanks for any hint. Ice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2373 by admin
Replied by admin on topic unassigning a group
Hi Ice,
I never thought about this kind of feature, beacuse usually it is a good practice to leave "Registered" group assigned to registered users, and add or remove additional groups as needed. This is useful to avoid potential issues related to a missing "Registered" group.

Anyway, if you need to do this I just need some additional information to help you and find a fast solution. So, AG works assigning (and unassigning) groups based on the value of a field. You could get the result for "Registered" group only if you have a field value dedicated to this group. A line like this could solve:
fieldname;Registered only;Registered;true

If you need (as it seems) to just unassign the registered when another group is set, we need to customize the AG behaviour, but I need more details (e.g Is the user that can change his group? What happens when the user leave the group?).

For these details, if you prefer, you can send me an email at info(at)selfget.com.

Kind regards,
Luigi
The following user(s) said Thank You: IceMaehn

More
9 years 10 months ago #2415 by silvanael
Replied by silvanael on topic unassigning a group
Hello,

I have similary problem i want to assign users only to the group they will select in field and it's not registred group i don't want second group because it's ruining my sql vizualization.
So how to unassign the registered when another group is set.
user can't change his group, user can't do anything.

kind regards and sorry for bad english :-)

More
9 years 10 months ago #2416 by admin
I have only one idea at the moment...

You have a drop-down list field (e.g. cb_level) with N values, and the user can select a value once registered, as example:
Bronze
Silver
Gold

You can add a line to Auto Group as follow:
cb_level;Registered;Registered;true

The user (already registered) will never choose Registered value (not present) so the final "true" will tell to Auto Group to unassign the Registered group. Note that this cannot be selected anymore.

Kind regards,
Luigi

More
9 years 10 months ago #2417 by silvanael
Replied by silvanael on topic unassigning a group
Yes but it's all about assign user to right group on his registration(creating account) so i dont have to move it manualy to right group.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2422 by admin
Ok,
let me check and I will advise if I can find any work around. Hold on...

Kind regards,
Luigi

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds