× Here you can get community support related to CSLookup.

Help is needed with initial configuration!

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #882 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Help is needed with initial configuration!
Ok,
CSLookup uses Javascript to replace initial fields with its lists with Country/State items. Initially it checks if there is a current value (USA and Colorado in my example). If so, when fields are replaced, these value are asigned as selected (in this way are preserved).

So, as example, the first time an user create his profile, there's no initial value. When he edit the existing profile, instead, his current Country and State are already selected.

I hope this makes sense for you.

Kind regards,
Luigi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #883 by admin
If you look at my example again, here is the initial HTML code that CSLookup replaces:
<form>
<table border="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td><select id="countrySelect" name="country"><option value="USA" selected="selected">USA</option></select></td>
<td><select id="stateSelect" name="state"><option value="Colorado" selected="selected">Colorado</option></select></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</form>

As you can see, we have just one option for field, and is the initial selected one. These are preserved after fields are replaced.

Kind regards,
Luigi

• lrazov
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 week ago #908 by lrazov
Replied by lrazov on topic Help is needed with initial configuration!
So, there is no way to make an initial value to be pre-selected for new users? For example we know for sure that most of our site users come from the same country and we want this country to be pre-selected by default for new users. If this is not possible, how pity! It would be a nice-to-have feature. Maybe you consider this for future releases?

Thanks.

More
11 years 1 week ago #909 by admin
There's no way to do this in the current version of CSLookup. If there will be a future release I will consider to add this feature. Thanks for your suggestion.

Kind regards,
Luigi
The following user(s) said Thank You: lrazov

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds